Jun 23, 2011

It was a Long Day

Hajime had a difficult time falling asleep last night, and he said that he wanted to go back on the ventilator
so he was put back on the ventilator from early morning.
After that he slept for awhile.
Lately he hasn’t been able to sleep much so I am glad that he got some sleep before the surgery.
He was also sleeping during the day too.
 
Today, we were instructed for an hour on CPR again and we reviewed what we did yesterday.
We were reassured when graded as, “Perfect”.
But I am really worried if we’d be able to do it perfectly if there’s an actual need to administer it.
 
I was really worried about Hajime because he was very nervous after waking up from sleeping for several hours.
He had an anxious expression and kept on saying, “I’m scared, I’m scared”.
 
At around 5 o’clock the staff came and transferred him to the OR and I was getting very nervous too,
perhaps because I felt how anxious Hajime was.
But my husband helped me to relax by talking continuously and I was able to calm down.
 
Hajime and I are like one so I thought that Hajime was probably able to calm down when my heart calmed down.
 
It was about 7:30 when he returned to the hospital room after the surgery. Hajime was sleeping with a very peaceful face.
 
Today was such a lo~ng da~y.
 
Nevertheless, I am glad that Hajime’s surgery went well.
 
 
Translated by Christine Shirota

No comments:

Post a Comment