May 4, 2011

The Clamp That Loosens

Today I taught how to use the G-tube to the nurse at his high school. I got the documents to have the nurse do it from the doctor, so the nurse can finally do it at school.

We’re taking the case of Ensure ($29 for 30 cans)that we bought at Costco, syringe, cup and water and we’re starting from tomorrow.

About 5 years ago, there were only the type of G-tube where you drop(drip) it in and it took some time, but now a syringe can be used, so it takes less time and is better.

But lately, there’s a certain part that’s concerning and worrying me. The clamp on the G-tube is loosening quite a bit. This is a very crucial part so I worry about what they’re going to do when it loosens even more.











I heard that there’s a thing called the Lopez Valve, so I think I’m going to ask this Thursday at the ALS clinic.

How are the people in Japan doing this?

Is it the same type of tube?

Translated by Christine Shirota

No comments:

Post a Comment