Apr 7, 2011

A Patch Behind His Ear

Last night he was coughing so much.

He was coughing till the middle of the night.

I thought, “He’s going to develop pneumonia if this continues.” So I used the patch that decreases saliva production for the first time. The effectiveness of it was tremendous. It’s something that you put behind the ear. He stopped coughing within minutes after putting it on.

The patch was prescribed by a doctor from UCLA. It was recommended a while back when we went but we never had the chance to use it so we didn’t know how effective it was.

Lately I have been thinking that I should use it because he has much more saliva now, but I just haven’t. And right now I am surprised at how well it worked.

Our main doctor from Kaiser told us that he doesn’t necessarily need it but if the doctor from UCLA says so, the prescription will be given….and he approved it.

I experienced it firsthand of how doctors in the same neurology specialty can be so different.

I have to give my hats off to UCLA! Wow!



Translated by Christine Shirota (American English)

No comments:

Post a Comment