Jul 5, 2011

A Day Spent Together as a Family

Today, I took my children with me to the hospital.
Fortunately because he has his own room, they allow children.
And what more is that Hajime seemed very happy.
It was as if he’s at home with all the noise and he was able to reaffirm the importance of spending time with the family.
 
His brother Ryo helped during physical therapy too.
Just like yesterday, Hajime walked several steps. Amazing!
 
But Hajime was crying.
 
His heart rate had calmed down so it wasn’t high but it seemed like he was having problems with his breathing; he coughed over and over and it looked laboring.
 
Moreover, he was vexed that he couldn’t move.R
 
He wants to move out of his own will…
He wants to walk more…
 
Because he’s with his brother, he wants to do things with him.
I felt those feelings coming from him.
 
Yet it’s important to feel that way, so I am looking forward to now on.
 
I think he can move more if he continues his physical therapy, even if it’s only for a short time, so I do want him to give his effort.
 
It seemed like Hajime didn’t want the children to go home. I am hoping that he’ll soon be able to go home with them.
 
Today, the (younger) children were calm and it seemed like they were having fun too. It’s a period of time where it’s starting to show that they’re stressed so I really think it’s good that they were like this, even if it’s only for little bit.
 
The children said they want to come again tomorrow so I am hoping that Hajime would feel better.
 
 
 
Translated by Christine Shirota

No comments:

Post a Comment