Nov 28, 2012

He Doesn't Want to Take Any Medicine

Even now, his breathing is still not stable.
His heart rate is high, and when he starts to have trouble breathing, it goes up to 140 right away.  I think it has a lot to do with how he's feeling.

We have been told to give him morphine when this happens.  We did give it to him last night, but he has been fighting taking any medication for a few months now.
When he has a fever, he doesn't want to take Tylenol...We've been told that he should take Ativan when he gets depressed, but he doesn't want to...At times like these, I don't know what to do.  But we've been continuing his care according to his wishes, so I guess all we can do is follow them.
Last night when I had him take the morphine, I encouraged him by saying, "You should take it because when you calm down, you might be able to breathe better!"

Hajime is not undergoing the usual treatment.  He is receiving pain management to make him as comfortable as possible. That's why they're using morphine.

As soon as he finished the IV antibiotic, he started taking a different antibiotic through his G-tube.  It has been several days, but he sometimes still gets a runny nose. There is an odor around his trache too, so I am worried.

I don't know if it's because of Hajime's cold, but one by one, everyone in my family has been catching a cold.  It looks like my husband is really sick right now. Until recently, Yuki was sick but she is well now.  I hope everyone including Hajime gets better.


(translated by MS)

No comments:

Post a Comment