My wish was that, "As we hold onto hope for a day to call an important tomorrow, the remaining time that we have together shall be peaceful as can be"
Oct 17, 2012
He Still Has an Infection
Lauren and her Japanese friend Maki came to visit Hajime on Monday.
We met Maki for the first time. She had heard a lot about Hajime from Lauren (and she has been reading my blog). They told me to let them know if there was anything they could do to help. I am so grateful for that.
Hajime's condition is unstable with his fever going up and down. His nose is very runny and there is a lot of secretion. We had been doing his trache suctioning about twice a day, but now we are doing it as many as ten times a day. I think all of this has to do with the infection.
They checked his phlegm on Monday. It will take a few days until we find out the results. They will try to identify the type of infection he has and then have him take the antibiotics to target the bacteria.
He's had a slight fever for quite awhile, so I worry that his body has gotten used to the fever. He had a fever of 100.6 degrees tonight so I gave him Tylenol. For some reason, Hajime resists being given this medicine. Even though it's hard for him to have the fever, it seems like he doesn't want to take medicine for it.
After the nurse goes home at 6:00, we talk a lot, but it seems like he can sense my agitation because he watches me carefully and looks at me worriedly. My eyes are filled with tears. Come on, Mom, be strong!